ThemeForest is an amazing marketplace, allowing us, you and everyone else to sell their design templates. And it’s no secret that their best selling products are WordPress themes. So, it’s natural to plan to make and sell WordPress themes on ThemeForest. But you don’t have to settle with just selling themes: Within the boundries of the policies and rules of ThemeForest, you can reach out to your customers to help them grow their websites with extra products and services.
In this article, we’re going to guide you through selling more than themes to your customers… without harassing them.
Quick note: This article also applies for theme makers outside of ThemeForest, of course.
Selling Extra Products
People who have purchased your theme might want to buy other products to grow their website. Why don’t you help them get what they want?
Let’s think of a couple examples:
- You could develop a backup plugin and sell it on CodeCanyon; then guide your customers to purchase a license.
- You could upload some stock photos and videos to PhotoDune and VideoHive, then tell your customers they can buy images and videos there.
- You could develop plugins and make stock photos & videos, and sell them in your own website. That way, you can apply special discounts to your customers, using their purchase codes.
- According to the types of themes you make (like photography themes or church themes), you can diversify the products you sell. The possibilities are virtually limitless!
Selling Extra Services
Selling plugins, stock images or other types of products aren’t the only way to make money from people. You can offer paid services for your customers that are in need of those services.
Let me list a few of the services that I can think of:
- Theme customization is probably the number one necessity of your customers.
- Or if you have the gear and experience, you can offer a speed optimization service for them.
- If they’re having a hard time changing themes, you can help them migrate from their old theme to your new theme.
- Speaking of migration, you can also offer a service to migrate their websites.
- You can even offer hosting packages, if you can handle it.
- Or, in general, you can sell your customers a “consultancy package” that you help them about whatever they need.
You can charge a fixed, one-time fee for these services, or you can charge your customers hourly. Your choice!
Aside from selling your own services and products, you could use the power of affiliate marketing to sell others’ products and services – if you’re willing to share your customers with others. Talk to some plugin owners or service providers about joining forces together so you can offer discounts for their services to your customers. It’s a great way to make money without any hassle, after all.
What’s your take on this? Tell us what you think in the Comments section below. Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to share if you liked this article!